Grapes and Raisins are not for dogs!

by Admin on July 9, 2013

Well, we know chocolate is a no-no for our pups, but were you aware that grapes and raisins are also to be avoided by all dogs?

Grapes and raisins can cause acute renal failure, (the sudden development of kidney failure) and anuria (the lack of urine production).

Vomiting and diarrhea may be the first symptoms and may develop a few hours after ingestion. You may see grapes or raisins in your pup’s vomit or stool. It is not certain why these foods affect dogs as they do, but studies have shown the negative effects.

Pup cakes....smaller than our birthday cakes are made of human grade, all natural dog friendly ingredients and will offer a healthy treat for your pup!

Pup cakes….smaller than our birthday cakes are made of human grade, all natural dog friendly ingredients and will offer a healthy treat for your pup!

Also, you may see weakness, decreased appetite, increased drinking or abdominal pain.

If you suspect your furry baby has eaten grapes or raisins, it would be advisable to call your vet immediately.

Healthy snacks are available for your pup with several options. You are welcome to check out the bakery at http://www.upscalepup.com/bakery.html to get some great snack ideas!

{ 0 comments… add one now }

Leave a Comment

You can use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>